Proper and professional packaging of furniture, personal items and household appliances when moving office or apartment moving with such a popular service of transport companies as the transportation of furniture is necessary for you in order to avoid possible material losses during transportation.
There are not many general rules on the proper packaging of furniture and personal things
But you need to know all of them and always use them during the most difficult relocation as well as during normal transportation. Transport company https://socalpromovers.com is always ready to help you with moving and goods packaging.
- We start packing with planning. We recommend that you conditionally divide all the items to be packaged into the following categories: furniture, household electrical appliances, plates and fragile items, as well as books and other small heavy items.
- Try to pre-purchase or order all the necessary packaging materials for those things and items that you plan to pack yourself: stretch film, tape, cardboard boxes, plastic bags or bubble wrap.
- When selecting the packaging material it is better to immediately contact the transport company of your choice, since the containers and packaging that they have are more suitable for relocation. Professional packaging materials usually have a safety margin, and this is very important for the successful transportation of personal things.
- Especially valuable items or memorabilia, we recommend you to collect and pack personally and carry hand luggage in your own car. This primarily concerns documents, passports, bank cards and cash, as well as jewelry and medicine.
- In order to pack your wardrobe, you should, if possible, stock up with as many plastic bags and boxes as possible, since more loosely packed personal items will be subjected to a lesser degree of deformation during transportation.
- Fragile and breakable items need to be packaged more carefully, be sure to label the boxes with such items with special signs. This will allow loaders to treat such boxes more carefully and with increased attention during loading and transportation.
- We recommend you to divide such fragile and vulnerable objects when moving as fragile, breakable and durable. Laying must be done in different boxes, depending on the strength of the plates and packaging features. Fragile plates, for safe transportation, before putting into the box must be wrapped with paper or bubble film.
- You can use towels and pillows as well as small soft things as spacers between fragile items, which, in turn, significantly reduce the possibility of damage to fragile items during transportation.
- Do not put in one box food or utensils and washing powder or other household chemicals.
- Try to put all the boxes with fragile or breakable objects in one room shortly before the move, this will greatly facilitate the orientation of the movers for the correct sequence of packing your belongings in the car.
- At least a day before the date of the move you need to remove all food from the refrigerator and be sure to defrost it before packing and transporting.
- We recommend you to pack heavy items in small boxes, and you can simply tie up the books, folding them in small piles, wrapping them with thick paper or plastic wrap.
- Blankets and pillows, curtains and mattresses, as well as winter clothes should be packed in large plastic bags, and clothes of small volume can be put in suitcases or small travel bags.
- Glass shelves, mirrors and doors with glass inserts must be packed in cardboard or stretch film, folded tightly and tape.
- If you decide to independently disassemble and pack the overall furniture, do not forget to sign the packaged panels, and fold the accessories into separate bags or boxes, which must also be signed to avoid confusion during assembly.
- Each part or panel of disassembled furniture should be packed separately, and in order to avoid friction, be wrapped in air bubble or plastic film, and if necessary, cardboard or heavy paper should be used.